When Life Gives You LEMONS, Don’t Throw Them Back; Make LEMON WATER…
…And enjoy the unexpected benefits of Lemon to improve your health. Most of us know one or 2 benefits of lemons, however, there are many hidden benefits. Lemon is a magical food. Not only do they make everything taste better, but they also boast numerous health benefits.
Why Have Lemons?
Other than vitamin C, Lemons are packed with calcium, B-complex vitamins, iron, potassium, magnesium, and fiber.
Do You Know, Lemons Contain More Potassium Than Grapes Or Apples!
Lemon juice is considered hard on the enamel and hence it is recommended to dilute with lukewarm water. To enjoy the complete benefits of Lemon water, it is suggested to drink it first thing in the morning.
If you’re good in health and weigh less than 150 pounds, then add half-a-fresh-lemon in 8-12 ounces of water. If it is too strong for you then dilute it to taste.
If you weigh over 150 pounds, then either drink the same amount of lemon water twice a day or squeeze one lemon in 24 to 32 ounces of water.
Drink the lemon water, the first thing in the morning (at least before 20 – 30 minutes of eating breakfast) to avail its numerous benefits.
Benefits Of Lemons
- Helps You Lose Weight: Researchers have relieved that Lemons contain pectin fiber that helps fighting hunger cravings.
- Aids In Digestion: By loosening toxins in your digestive tract, lemons encourages healthy digestion and also assists to get rid of symptoms of indigestion such as burping, heartburn, and bloating.
- Keeps Your Skin Blemish-Free: Surprisingly Yes. Lemon Juice contains antioxidants help to reduce blemishes and wrinkles. If applied on scars, it gradually lessens the spots and maintain skin’s radiance as well.
- Bring Down A Fever: Drinking a lemon juice in high fever can help you bring down your fever faster.
- Helps In Dental Problems: Suffering from a toothache? Apply fresh lemon juice on the particular area to get relief from the same. Also, Lemon juice also helps in eliminating bad odors and in other gum diseases.
- Great Source Of Potassium: Lemons are a great source of Potassium, which is good for heart health, brain, as well as nerve function.
- Boosts Your Immune System: Vitamin C helps a lot in improving the immune system and we all know lemons are full of it. It also helps when you feel stressed.
Other than these, Lemons also helps in reducing inflammation, stimulating your liver, cut out caffeine and in boosting your energy.